Tuesday 19 May 2015

Covent Garden & The Royal Ballet

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

Today is my last day of being teenager as I turn 20 tomorrow! I'm unusually excited; in the last year whenever one of my friends has passed the big 2-0 they say "This is the decade of big decisions; graduation, jobs, houses and weddings! That's scary!" to which I reply "Yes but how much fun does that all sound?!". Ok, fair enough the thought of graduating and having to get a job seems a little daunting but I have some really good people around me and the thought of going through all of that with them I find quite exciting. Maybe I'm just a bit weird but I think it sounds like an adventure.

Anyway enough of my giddy waffling, today I wanted to share with you guys some pictures I took in April when I went to see the Royal Ballet perform Swan Lake in Covent Garden...

This seems like ages ago now, but during my Easter break my parents and I went to stay with my Auntie, Uncle and their kids in their new house in the Cotswolds. We arrived on the Monday around lunch time so enjoyed a delicious lunch in the sun on their patio and then went for a walk on the common. It was a lovely day but us girls had to go to bed early as the next day were to set off for London to go see Swan Lake at the Royal Opera House. This was such a treat for us all, it was part of our Christmas presents and me, Mum, my Auntie Tanya and her daughter Ella were all to go.

Ella is 14 and has been dancing since she was little and is really rather good at it! Mum and I have always loved the ballet and its been something we have shared with Tanya and Ella, enjoying any opportunity we could find to watch her performances. Mum has also set herself a little bucket list to complete in the past year as she has passed a milestone birthday (for her sake I won't mention which one!) and going to the ballet of course made the list. So Tuesday morning us girls headed for the train station and made our way to London.

We spent our afternoon doing a little window shopping in Covent Garden as it is one of our favourite places in London before going to The Ivy Market Grill for a sophisticated dinner. I had the Chocolate Bombe for dessert and annoyingly I don't have a picture but it was the most indulgent and perfectly delicious chocolate dessert/dish I've ever had, I definitely recommend!






Group selfie, obviously. Me, Tanya, Ella and Mum.


Mum posing for typical-tourist pictures in front of the Royal Opera House.

My OOTD; sunglasses are Dorothy Perkins (I think), leather jacket is from Topshop, my dress is Mango and shoes are Clarks.



I felt far too conspicuous to take pictures with my huge camera inside The Ivy Market Grill but I got a few on my phone so go over to my Instagram here and you'll see how awesome it looked inside. The food was gorgeous, I had a burger which was delicious and as previously mentioned the Chocolate Bombe with vanilla ice cream, honeycomb, salted caramel sauce and obviously lots of chocolate was amazing!



Inside the Royal Opera House, which I think we can all agree looks absolutely incredible!




Swan Lake was as you imagine, absolutely breathtaking. I enjoyed every second of it and I have to say it was one of the most amazing things I've ever beheld. The costumes and set were stunning and I have only the highest admiration for the dancers. As someone who is now slightly obsessed with the gym and exercise I definitely have a few new fitspirations, the definition in their muscles was unbelievable! 

We returned to my Auntie's rather late that night as our train was delayed 40 minutes but we had a wonderful week with them. Good food, walks in the country and our favourite people, we could not have asked for more! 

I hope you all enjoyed this post as it was a little different and a bit wordy, if you liked it and you want to hear more of my adventures, tell me in the comments below and I'll get straight on it. There'll be another post by the end of the week, maybe some of my antics tomorrow as I'm meeting my flat mate in Leeds for some shopping and the cinema before going out for a meal with the family, I'll see what I can do!

Enjoy the rest of your week everyone and I'll see you all soon.

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment