Tuesday 14 June 2016

A Delightful Birthday At Alnwick Gardens

Hello everyone! I think it's about long time I got myself back into blogging, don't you?

I'm proud to say I've finished my BA Hons Fashion Communication degree at Northumbria University and am only waiting to hear my results and graduate, which is quite terrifying. I do now, however, have an unnerving amount of time on my hands so it's probably about time I updated you all and got myself back into a routine of writing and photography.

Today I wanted to share with you all some lovely photographs that I took on my birthday. I turned 21 last month and now can no longer find a respectable argument for my not being a real adult. Despite this daunting fact, my 21st birthday weekend was one of the most magical and memorable of my entire life and I'm so grateful to everyone who made it beautiful.

My birthday this year fell on a Friday and so the day before my birthday my boyfriend took me out for a day in Newcastle. We went for lunch at a tea rooms near my house called Cake Stories before walking into town where we went to The Baltic Museum and then the cinema to see The Jungle Book (which I highly recommend you go see if you haven't already as it's simply charming). We then went to a restaurant in the centre of town called Lola Jeans for dinner, which was excellent, (again I'd recommend) before coming home to curl up in bed and watch The Muppets: Treasure Island. I'm afraid I don't have any pictures of that day but it was absolutely lovely, thank you Lewis.

On the morning of my birthday I awoke to a lazy morning spent with vegan pancakes and my amazing flatmates Harriet, Sam and Sean where upon they gave me my first birthday present of a beautiful Crosby Vinyl Player accompanied by Catfish and the Bottlemen's fantastic album 'The Balcony'. I cried.

We then all set off in Sean's car for an afternoon in Alnwick. We'd been talking of going to see the gardens there all year and I was desperate to visit the famous Barter Books before I left Newcastle and it was merely a 40 minute drive away. Seen as I've taken to flowers and beautiful gardens through a few compelling places I've visited in the last year it seemed only natural that we should go to Alnwick on my birthday. I know it's not exactly your typical 21st birthday celebration but I'm an old soul and it was the best so I really couldn't care less.

I of course took my camera and it turned out to be such a beautiful day, therefore I of course took buckets of pictures.



















Young love.
















Album cover.











Beauty and the Beast's rose.





Me and wifey.









From the gardens we headed to Barter Books which was incredible, it's the most beautifully curated bookshop I've ever seen and all second hand. I picked up three vintage classics to add to my growing library. Upon arriving back in Newcastle we all got dolled up and headed into town for a night out which was my favourite of the past year. Gotham then Flithy's, cheap but brilliant.

The next day my parents drove up to visit with the most incredible, champagne afternoon tea, balloons, flowers and presents. It was the best and my Mum really excelled herself. I then took them Dabbawal Street Food Kitchen for dinner where the food was amongst the best Indian's I've ever tasted. They stayed overnight and the next day we went down to the Quayside Market for a wander and then walked up to the Fat Hippo Underground for lunch (for the third time in one post, I'd highly recommend, we basically went to all my favourite places so I'd recommend them all ok?). 

Ok so it definitely wasn't your typical 21st birthday weekend, but it was absolutely perfect. I can't thank my friends, Lewis or my parents enough for indulging me so much in one weekend, they might have seemed like modest things or places we visited but they were wonderful and the best way I could think of to round up my three years in Newcastle. 

I really hope you all enjoyed this post and enjoy the pictures, I don't need to assure you it was the most beautiful day. 

I'll speak soon.

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment